There exists a very handy shell command trap … which could be used to ease “error handling” in shell scripts.
This command can do all of this as defined in the help page of the command ( Continue Reading →
Steps to install and use VNC for AIX :
1. Download the VNC RPM bundle for AIX from bullfreeware.com (http://www.bullfreeware.com/affichage.php?id=1104)
2. FTP the RPM to your AIX machine and install it :
# rpm -ivh vnc-3.3.3r2-6.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
This blog details steps to “Configure SQuirrel SQL Client to connect to SolidDB database” running on a remote machine/server.
SQuirrel SQL is a “Universal SQL Client”.
Visit http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ to get more details about this software. I […]
All this tips assume that you use the terminal(bash/ksh/csh) in “vi” mode.
If you don’t use them in vi mode; here is how you can do it ..
$ set -o vi
You set this in your profile i.e. ~/.profile file, […]
It is always a good idea to change your login passwords on a regular basis…
I do it because I am forced to, my employers policy forces me to change password every 60 or 90 days 🙂
But when we […]
One of the best things on Ubuntu (which also increases it’s user friendliness) is “Synaptic Package Manager”.
Apart from providing easy and user-friendly interface to install/uninstall required software; it also has other cool features. One of them is to recover from […]
Recently I had to move my webserver to a different domain (i.e. URL).
Although the old domain was still around for some more time; I still wanted my old users/viewers to be redirected to the new […]
In my college days I had used Sound Forge to mix audio files.
Some time back while preparing the script for a skit(I was directing it 🙂 ), it striked me that if I could mix audio files well enough the background score […]
C program (5)
Device Drivers (5)
Flash Caching (1)
Kernel Extension (3)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
- pretty print symbols in AIX with kdb, KDBSYM, pr August 13, 2016
- Configure SAS controller/disk for use in AIX/VIOS partition May 15, 2016
- Enhanced num_cmd_elems attribute for virtual FC ( NPIV ) AIX March 19, 2016
- Shared Storage Pool v5 enhancements December 7, 2015
- Disk level validation for LPM of NPIV LPAR December 4, 2015